There’s no two ways about it – anal penetration is hard. Butt play requires a lot of preparation, relaxation, and the right mindset.
However, the right butt plug can make all the difference.
Whether you’re using anal plugs for pleasure or you’re using them to warm up for penetrative anal sex, finding the right toy (and lube) for your bottom is a game-changer.
Here we’ll be looking at the 17 best butt plugs at various prices. Let’s go!
The 17 Best Butt Plug and Anal Toys
1. Lovense Hush 2 – Best vibrating butt plug overall
- Control vibrations with your phone
- 4 different size options
- Wear it in public discreetly
If you like discreet public fun or you just like the idea of a high-tech vibrating butt plug, allow me to introduce the Lovense Hush 2. These vibrating butt plugs come in 4 sizes – 1 inch, 1.5 inch, 1,75 inch, and 2.25-inch diameters… so there’s a size to suit everyone’s needs.
The Lovense smartphone app also allows long-distance couples to tease each other, so you could wear this vibrating plug to work while your partner activates it remotely on their phone via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Alternatively, you can create custom vibration patterns on your phone while enjoying the internal tingles, similar to how many people use the Lovense Lush 3.
2. LoveHoney Ignite – Affordable vibrating butt plug
- Perfect size for beginners
- 3 speeds & 17 vibration patterns
- 100% waterproof & USB rechargeable
Perfect if you like to feel a little bit “full” but you don’t want your anal plugs to go TOO deep, the LoveHoney Ignite is a 3-inch vibrating butt plug that is made from body-safe velvety soft silicone.
If you’re relatively new to anal stimulation, this is one of the first vibrating butt plugs I would recommend. It’s just big enough without becoming intimidating!
3. Silicone Butt Plug – Best for intermediate anal play
- 100% silicone
- 5 inches of insertable length
- Tapered tip
The classic butt plug design, this classic from LoveHoney is perfect for anal players who have some experience under their belts.
5 inches long with a tapered tip and flared base, this butt plug is easy to insert and has a nice feeling of fullness that makes for great sex or masturbation.
4. NJoy Steel Butt Plug – Best metal butt plug
- High-grade stainless steel
- 310 grams weight
- Very firm sensation
NJoy is a renowned sex toy company that produces sex toys made from high-grade stainless steel, and this excellent metal butt plug is no exception. Heavy and extra firm, this plug weighs in at 310 grams, so it’s ideal for people who have experience with anal toys in their sex life.
Oh, and it’s nearly 4 inches long!
Because it’s made from steel, you can also explore temperature playing here too. Place the toy in a bowl of warm or cool water for a few minutes and then slip it inside you – the toy will retain the cool or warm temperature for a few minutes, producing a very unique anal sensation.
5. LoveHoney Jeweled Metal Plug – Best jewel butt plug for subs & roleplay
- Blingy gemstone base
- 2.5 inches insertable length
- Ideal for hands-free wear
Made from metal and weighing 144g, this cute butt plug has a bulbous head and a long, slim neck that makes it very easy to insert and comfortable to keep inside without slipping out.
The gemstone base gives this tiny LoveHoney butt plug a charming aesthetic – it’s often used by subs and bottoms in roleplay who are given it by their top or daddy. Fun stuff!
6. Fun Factory Bootie – Best prostate plug
- Made in Germany
- 3 different size options
- Unisex pleasure
Fun Factory is an excellent German sex toy company that makes all of their toys on-site in Brehmen, Germany. And you know, those Germans are really good at engineering and sex stuff. Any products purchased from here are guaranteed to be awesome.
Okay, enough fangirling.
The Bootie is a simple-yet-effective silicone butt plug available in 3 sizes – 3 inches, 3.65 inches, and 4.37 inches. The curved shape is designed to stimulate either your prostate or G-spot, especially if worn while having sex with a partner. Sold!
7. B-Vibe Butt Training Set – Best butt plug kit for anal training
- Anal sex education kit
- 3 butt plugs of different sizes
- Douche, lube shooter, & more
If you’re new to anal play, then this anal kit has got you covered. Designed for a beginner, this kit from B Vibe comes with 3 different butt plugs, an anal douche, and an anal lube shooter for adequate lubing.
If you don’t know how to prep for anal play or you’re not sure how to use these plugs, there’s even a guide to anal play that helps you use everything in the kit like a pro. It’s anal made easy!
8. Temptasia Slut Plug – Best butt plug for BDSM
- Great for roleplay & BDSM
- 2.5 inches insertable length
- Smooth satin silicone
Great for couples who are into power exchange, this plug has “SLUT” written across the base, putting that little whore of yours in their place.
Intermediate-sized and made from silky silicone, pop some water-based lube onto this thing and show that slut who’s boss.
9. Icicles No 47 Beaded Glass Butt Plug – 3-Bead Glass Anal Butt Plug
- T-bar flared base
- Handblown borosilicate glass
- 3 inches insertable length
If you like your anal sex toys firm, then glass butt plugs might be right up your back-alley (wink, wink). Featuring 3 anal beads that get larger as you go down, this cute plug is perfect for intermediate butt play fans.
The neck at the base of this toy is also long and slim, helping your anus to “close” around the base and keep the toy in place securely. It works!
10. Aneros Peridise – Best for experienced anal plug fans
- Prostate & G-spot pleasure
- High-quality toy
- Firm body-safe plastic
Made by Aneros, who are known for their prostate massagers, the Peridise is a 4-inch long butt plug with a unique shape designed for any gender.
By training your muscles and relaxing, you’ll feel involuntary twitches that are VERY pleasurable. If you’ve ever used an Aneros product, you’ll understand.
11. B-Vibe Texture Aqua – Best b-vibe butt plug toy
- 6 vibration modes
- Unique bumpy texture
- USB charging
With an unusual texture, 4 inches of length, and USB charging, the B Vibe Texture Aqua is a great pleasure toy for anyone who may want to start using anal vibrators.
Convenient, comfy, and cute, this plug has everything going for it!
12. LoveHoney Butt Tingler – Best beginner anal plug
- 3.5 inches of insertable length
- 2 vibration speeds & 3 patterns
- Use solo or with a partner
A good cheap vibrating butt plug, the LoveHoney Butt Tingler is a 3.5-inch silicone toy that comes with 6 possible vibration settings, helping you explore the world of anal vibes!
With a T-bar flared base to keep it in place, this toy is brilliant for solo play or spicing up sex with a partner! Also, the term “Butt Tingler” is just so adorable, no?
13. Pipedream Mini Silicone Plug – Best small butt plug
- Tiny size for a beginner
- Narrow neck for easy wear
A tiny butt plug designed for beginners, this silicone anal toy is awesome to play around with if you’re new to bum stuff.
At just 1 inch wide and with 3 inches of insertable length, this toy also has a narrow neck that makes it easy for your muscles to close around the toy and keep it in place!
14. LoveHoney BASICS Beaded Slimline Plug – Cheap Anal Beads Toy
- Anal beads style
- Flexible PVC material
- 4 inches of insertable length
Interested in trying anal beads as well as butt plugs? Why not try both at the same time!
This unique hybrid sex toy has 4 inches of insertable length and comes with 4 “anal beads” that make anal stimulation exciting as each larger bead goes inside you. With a flexible PVC construction, this sex toy is great for butt play beginners or those with a little more experience.
15. Pipedream Icicles No. 48 – Best glass butt plug
- Stunning glass
- 3 inches long
- Temperature playing possible
Made from stunning pink-colored glass, this cute glass butt plug is the perfect gift for a partner or a sub. With just 3 inches of insertable length, this plug is also good for temperature playing thanks to the borosilicate glass construction.
16. Lelo Hugo – Best for prostate massage
- 2 vibrating motors
- Excellent for prostate massage
- Motion-controlled remote
While on the pricey side, the Lelo Hugo is undoubtedly one of the best prostate massagers on the market right now. While not technically a butt plug, this is the kind of sex toy that gets many guys (and those AMAB) into butt stuff in the first place.
This toy features multiple preset vibration patterns delivered deep into the P-spot and the perineum, while the wireless remote control also has a motion-activated mode for a unique way to control the fun.
If you have a prostate, vibrating butt plugs cannot compare to the Hugo.
17. Butt Bolt – Best for sci-fi roleplay
- Bolt-style design
- Great for sci-fi & steampunk scenes
- Three size options
Coming in three size options – 3.75 inches long, 4.75 inches long, and 5.5 inches long – this unique butt plug from Mr. Hankey’s Toys is great for niche fetish and roleplay, especially if you’re into sci-fi and steampunk.
It’s got a very Jules Verne vibe to it… if you’re into that. Alternatively, the best VR sex toys might take you to another planet too.
What Are the Different Types Of Butt Plugs?
Generally speaking, butt plugs can be divided up into the following categories:
- “Regular” Butt Plugs – Regular butt plugs should have a tapered tip (for easy insertion) a thin neck towards the base, and a flared base that prevents the plug from accidentally slipping into the anus.
- Vibrating Butt Plugs – as the name implies, these are butt plugs that vibrate. Some come with remote controls or apps (in the case of the Lovense Hush 2) while others are controlled by buttons on the toy itself
- Anal Bead Butt Plugs – Some butt plugs like the Beaded Slimline Plug have a general butt plug shape but incorporate anal beads into the design, usually getting larger the further in you go.
- Prostate Massages – While not technically butt plugs, prostate massagers are anal toys designed in a similar shape, so some prostate massagers like the Lelo Hugo and Aneros Helix will be referred to as butt plugs (though that’s not technically correct).
Of course, many anal play toys blur the lines of definition, and many cannot be categorized easily… so always read the description to make sure you know what you’re getting into.
If anal toys don’t seem like your thing, the top blowjob machines might tickle your fancy just right.
4 Tips for Butt Plug Beginners
If you’re not used to anal play (let alone butt plugs) then you might need a little bit of guidance. Here are some quick tips for butt stuff newbies:
- Start Slow Or You’ll Regret It – The anus is NOT like the vagina – it needs time to slowly “warm up”, relax, and expand to bigger things. Start with 1 finger, then 2 fingers, and slowly increase the size of your anal toys as the anus becomes more accustomed to each size.
- Breathe Deep and Relax – Anal stuff is all about relaxation – use deep breathing exercises to try and make things easier (your butt will naturally want to tense up at first)
- Use TONS Of Lube (You’ll Need It) – The anus doesn’t self-lubricate like the vagina does. As a result, we recommend using a ton of lube to make things nice and slippery down there. There are lots of anal lubes on the market, but coconut oil is a personal favorite!
- A Flared Base Is ESSENTIAL – The flared base on the bottom of the best butt plugs is there for a reason – it’s wide enough to stop the plug from being “sucked into you” by accident. DO NOT use toys that are designed for vaginal use in the anus, especially if they don’t have a flared base. No one wants that awkward trip to the ER.
When it comes to butt plugs and anal play, just remember to take it slow, use lots of lube, stop if it hurts, and most importantly… have fun!
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.